Sunday, February 5, 2017

Homespun Kitchen: Homespun Superbowl Dip


Superbowl Dip

In our house, we love the Superbowl and no Game Day is complete without my Superbowl Dip!

This is a recipe that I originally learned from one of Paul's aunts (love you Aunt Debbie) back before we got married.  I ate so much of it that I made myself sick off of it!

That aside, it's got to be one of the best dips I've ever had, and it's super simple to make too!

What you'll need:

1 pound lean ground beef (the leaner the beef, the less shrinkage) made into taco meat
(You can find the recipe I use for homemade taco seasoning here)

1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies or your favorite salsa (or homemade)

1/2 loaf cheese loaf, cubed (I know, it's processed, but it works better than anything else)

Your favorite tortilla chips

To make:

  1. Make your taco meat and set aside.
  2. In your crockpot, add taco meat, cheese and diced tomatoes and chilies or salsa and cheese.
  3. Heat on low stirring occasionally until cheese is melted and everything is heated through.
  4. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.

Recipe courtesy of the Lyons' Family Holiday with special thanks to Aunt Debbie <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment